Do you believe that the Will of a spouse, parent or loved is invalid for some reason? If so, you should consult a will disputes lawyer in Perth. A legal professional with expertise in wills and estate planning will be able to advise you on the best course of action for disputing a will.
Typically, courts will not be willing to interfere in matters of estate execution. A person is free to distribute their assets as they please, and a valid will should not be changed or challenged as it reflects the last wishes of the deceased.
With that said, there are certain situations where a beneficiary or interested party might be able to contest a will. These scenarios include:
- The will in question was not the last one signed by the deceased
- The will shows evidence of tampering
- The will is fraudulent
- The will maker was not mentally competent at the time of the will’s creation
- The will maker was unduly influenced into creating a will that did not reflect their true wishes
- The will does not provide proper provisions for all family members
If you have a complaint about a will that falls into any of the categories listed above, then contesting the will in court might be worthwhile. At M 6:8 Legal, we would be happy to sit down with you to discuss your situation and advise you on whether you have grounds to challenge a will. To schedule a meeting with a will disputes lawyer in Perth, call us on +61 8 9316 8363.