The seeds that started M 6:8 Legal came from the words of Micah 6:8, ‘act justly, love mercy and walk humbly before your God’.
When our principal Mabel Chua was a child, she heard her father describe the blessings and importance of having a trusted lawyer in business who cared genuinely for him and the welfare of his family enterprise. She remembers stories of his father’s lawyer bringing valuable input into meetings to secure the next contract, or to settle looming disputes.
Years later, Mabel realised that her father’s experience with lawyers was a rare one. Many people think that lawyers cannot be trusted or charge excessively so they avoid seeking legal advice.
At M 6:8 Legal, our desire is to be a different breed of lawyers that clients can trust. We believe that fairness and justice is achievable, and we are playing our part to bring change.
Our dream is to see a world where people:
- are savvy about their legal rights and obligations;
- treat others fairly; and
- foster commercial relationships which are healthy, profitable, and enduring the test of challenging times.
This drives what we do, why we do it and how we do it.
We act promptly and work thoroughly to find the most effective legal option for a matter and state it in simple terms.
Our clients are families and small to medium sized businesses preferring direct access to experienced senior lawyers who are straightforward, warm and passionate about law. We practise in the following areas of law:
- Business and commercial
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Estates and Wills – preparation of Wills, advise on interpretation of Wills, Estate administration, family provision claims
- Not-for-profit and charities
- Property – leasing, conveyancing, caveats, mortgages, securities
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
Chinese and Italian languages are spoken to cater for clients who feel more comfortable communicating in their native language.