Senior Consultant Lawyer
Bachelor of Laws (UWA, 1983)
Margaret Sandford commenced her long legal career in Perth in 1983. Margaret currently practices in the general commercial areas of Wills and estate planning, probate and letters of administration, business succession, and property leasing and sales. Margaret has a broad legal background due to having also practiced, at various stages of her career, in commercial litigation, criminal law, and family law, including 4 years in London’s Fleet Street.
Margaret brings to clients her vast drafting and negotiating experience, and a plain English, fact-centred, and commercial approach to written and verbal communications.
Over the years Margaret has advised all types of clients including: individuals, partnerships, companies, family trusts, unit trusts, and small to medium sized and family businesses, such as pharmacists, doctors, nursing home proprietors, and many types of lessees and franchisees. Margaret is fluent in both spoken and written Italian.
Currently Margaret is focused on providing advice, and/or preparing general commercial documents, relating to the following matters and transactions:
- Partnership, shareholders & unit holders agreements;
- Buy sell (business succession) agreements;
- Franchise agreements;
- Leases; Assignments of Lease and Sub-leases;
- Terms & Conditions of Trade;
- Loans, mortgages, and general security agreements under the PPSR;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Distributorship & Licence Agreements;
- Share and/or unit sale or purchases; and
- Contracts of Sale, including due diligence enquiries; and acting on the settlement of sales or purchases of commercial, industrial or residential properties; and businesses;
- Default or termination notices;
- Sale of shares in companies or units in unit trusts;
- Wills and Estate planning, including Enduring Powers of Attorney; and
- Probate, Letters of Administration, and deceased estate administration, such as transfer of assets requiring Landgate applications and Transfers of Land.
A local resident, Margaret can be seen cycling and walking on the riverside paths, and kayaking on the Swan River. Margaret also assists various not-for-profit organisations in her spare time.