top of page
Image by Aaron Burden


Administering deceased estate in Australia while living overseas

If you are an expat living overseas and have lost a loved one, you may appoint a lawyer in Australia to administer the deceased estate. This can be a complex process, and it is important to appoint a lawyer who is experienced and familiar with the legal system.

At M 6:8 Legal, we have extensive experience in administering estates of deceased persons, including administration of estate on behalf of next of kin who live overseas. We have successfully obtained Letters of Administration where the deceased died without a will, leaving young children and a spouse based overseas.

We can help you through every stage of the process, from obtaining a grant of letters of administration, appointing executors and trustees, to distributing the estate amongst the beneficiaries. Our experienced lawyers can provide you with the support and advice you need at this difficult time.

If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.


A mug sitting on a wooden table. The decorative writing on the mug says 'begin'.

We're here to help, get in touch today.

bottom of page